Saturday 4 April 2009

Tutorial : Classic Smokey

Classic Smokey

To achieve a perfect smokey eye you need to spend the time blending (smoking) your shadow out.
Classic smokeys are all about the greys and black but you can smoke out any colour as long as you blend your darker colour heavily into your crease.

For a classic look I used:



  • Urban Decay Primer Potion
  • Chanel smokey quad
  • Urban decay Oil Slick (the shimmery black in the centre of the skull palette)
  • Urban Decay 24/7 white liner Yeyo
  • Bobbi Brown gel liner
  • Maybelline Define-a-lash length

I started off with my UDPP - any primer will do but for oily lids like mine you need a sticky primer. If your lids are dry Too Faced Shadow Insurance works better.
Then, using the lightest grey shadow in the Chanel quad (bottom left) I covered my entire lid to just level with my crease.
Taking a darker grey (top left) I blended this into the outer corner and up into & just above my crease. I worked this in until the two greys blended seamlessly.
I then took Oil Slick from the Urban Decay palette and used just a touch to deepen up the outer crease. I also added some on my lower lash line and using my finger smoked it out a little.
I used Bobbi Brown gel liner to add a little more drama and then set it with the dark grey shadow.

End result:


2 comments: