Monday 6 April 2009

Tutorial : Brown-eyed girl


I had my first email request *punches air* :) I'm a geek, I know.
If you have any requests just email 'em over to apriliachica@hotmail.com
I was asked for a tutorial on an easy to wear neutral eye. Neutral for me is brown so here you go Lydia, hope you like it!

I did have a photo of the products I used but for some reason it hasn't downloaded properly off my camera :( boo!

Products used:

  • Urban Decay Primer Potion
  • Avon Big Colour eye pencil in Golden Glamour

  • Too Faced shadows from the Smokey Eyes palette (all of the everyday smoke)

  • MAC shadow in Ricepaper

  • MAC shadow in Carbon
  • Bobbi Brown Gel Liner in black

  • MaxFactor False Lash Effect Mascara (this is the UK version of Covergirl Lashblast)

I applied a base, my poison is UDPP. The Avon colour pencil is probably enough as a base on it's own but I always use UDPP just in case!
I covered my whole lid in the AVON Golden Glamour pencil (they're a bit like MAC Shadesticks/NYX jumbo pencils) to give the Too Faced Shadows more pop.
I applied The lightest of the two shadows from the Too Faced Palette to the middle of my lid and then smoked it out with the darker colour. To blend out you take a smudging/blending brush - my favourite is by the Body Shop - and pack colour along your crease in a windscreen wiper motion, dragging it down into the colour you've put on your lid.
I then took MAC's rice paper and applied this from the inner corner of my lid, blending it into the light brown Too Faced shadow.
I lined my upper lash line with Bobbi Brown gel liner and used MAC's carbon on the outer half of my lower lash line.

Et voila!

2 comments: